Solve It! (Second Edition)
A Practical Approach To Teaching Mathematical Problem Solving Skills
While Supplies Last
Author: Marjorie Montague
$71.00 / #SIM005Add to Cart
Help ensure that students succeed when solving mathematical problems with the Solve It! instructional approach.
Solve It! is a curriculum designed to improve the mathematical problem solving skills of students in the upper elementary, middle, and secondary school grades—including students with disabilities who are having difficulties solving mathematical problems.
Using Solve It!, teachers help students develop the processes and strategies used by good problem solvers. Explicit instruction in mathematical problem solving is provided in lessons that teach:
- Critical cognitive and metacognitive processes.
- Strategies that improve students’ motivation to solve problems.
This research-based program is designed for easy inclusion in a standard mathematics curriculum. Solve It! was validated and refined in intervention studies with students with mathematical learning disabilities between 12 and 18 years of age.
Everything you need to use Solve It! is contained in this instructional guide and/or CD. The program provides:
- Guidelines for teaching mathematical problem solving and related mathematics skills.
- Methods to assess the problem solving performance of students—including versions of the Mathematical Problem Solving Assessment-Short Form in both English and Spanish.
- Detailed lessons for individual and group instruction.
- Techniques to promote strategy and performance maintenance and generalization.
- Extension activities to promote transfer to novel and real life problems.
- Blackline masters for assessments, student activity sheets, transparencies, and student cue cards.
Read an excerpt of this publication in PDF.